Five miles from Hay 'Town of Books', and the 'Hay Festival', Quarry Cottage is a peaceful holiday home. This 18th century single story cottage was modernised and enlarged 30 years ago to provide spacious accommodation - it sleeps 5-7 people and is comfortably furnished.
Set in woods, the garden slopes to a field looking out on the Black Mountains, and a common rises at the rear. The cottage itself is secluded and ideal for quiet retreats, also cycling or walking away from the crowd, through woodland, over common and moors.
Around and about the house:
- Large mature garden, South facing, with patio.
- Views of Wye Valley, Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains.
- Footpaths lead to open country behind house or through woods to Glasbury Village, with garage, shop, Post Office, pubs, Natural Health Practitioner and riverside Café, walks and canoeing.
- 11 miles to Brecon – Jazz Festival, markets etc on main road from village.
Conservatory, woodstore, under-cover bike storage adjacent house.
- Sheep graze the common and woods, so gates to the house and garden need to be shut, and dogs if well trained and by arrangement.
- Vehicle access to the cottage and neighbouring house is by a gravel track (1/4 mile).
- Parking & turning area available above house.